Friday, January 15, 2010

Write 3 chapters...

I spent the last week organizing my quickbooks and for those of you that don't know what that is, consider yourself lucky.. Quickbooks is our accounting system for the bakery and what a nightmare trying to get it all organized for the accountant. At the same time, I am trying to get all the w2's done for the staff and close out the bakery for good. I keep getting asked if I feel like a weight is lifted off my shoulders the further away the bakery becomes and the answer is yes and no. Yes removing the 800lb gorilla that was the bakery off my shoulders feels better but it is still an 800lb gorilla staring me in the face each day. I think it will take more than a few weeks to see any relief from the feelings of failure and frankly death of my business.
So I was informed by my sister to not overthink writing the book and just start writing.. So next week is dedicated to writing every day for a few hours each day. Each day I have been listening to a different song of inspiration and I wanted to share with everyone the ones I listened to this week. Check them out if you are feeling low.
1. Unwritten by Natasha Bedingfield
2. Broken by Lindsay Haun
3. Anyway by Martina Mcbride
4. I'm coming out by Diana Ross-This is for fun!
Have a great week!

2 comments:

  1. Try listening to Gin & Juice by Snoop Dogg or for the debt collectors; Get Back by Ludacris..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good call on the Natasha Bedingfield song! Love you lots.

    ReplyDelete